- 1 ½ lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 1 chopped small white onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 package chili seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 16 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 16 ounce can pinto beans
- 1 16 oz can kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 cups Iron Gate Chambourcin wine
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Sauté´ onions and bell peppers in olive oil until tender. Add ground beef and brown slowly over low heat, stirring often. Add garlic and cook until ground beef is thoroughly cooked. Add chili seasonings, chili powder, cumin, crushed red pepper, tomatoes, both beans and red wine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 3 hours. After 3 hours taste, add salt and pepper, as needed. Add sugar to round out the flavor.
Best served with a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese.
Pair with Iron Gate Chambourcin.