Rustic Blooming Granita Recipe
With warm summer nights and patio dates upon us, this refreshingly sweet granita recipe is sure to deliver. Originally from Sicily, granita is an icy, sorbet-like dessert with a coarser texture that is delicious when paired with a creamy vanilla ice cream, custard or gelato. We’ve used our new Rustic Blooming to make this classic granita recipe and it couldn’t be a simpler recipe to follow! Our new Rustic Blooming is the perfect blend of sweet, dry and refreshing. Made from Chambourcin, Carlos and Niagara grapes and 2% residual sugar, this wine delivers sweetness from the muscadine and a little bite from the Chambourcin. It’s the perfect summertime balance!
1/2 bottle Iron Gate Rustic Blooming wine
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 pint vanilla bean ice cream
- Pour half the bottle of wine in a large baking dish.
- In a pot, add the sugar and water and heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the sugar water into the dish and stir to combine with wine.
- Place in freezer. After one hour, scrape the ice crystals forming on the edge of the dish into the center of the dish with a fork.
- Repeat the process every 30 minutes until entire mixture is icy.
- Serve over vanilla bean ice cream and enjoy immediately.